Friday, September 21, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Wide

WIDE

Ok I'm a Presbyterian, so verse memory is not my forte, but when I hear the word "wide" my mind goes immediately to Paul's beautiful statement in the New Testament that goes something like this, " I pray that you may how long and deep and WIDE is the love of Jesus."

I just love the thought of how WIDE Jesus' love is.  It give me comfort chills.  His love is so big, I can't run to it's borders.  I can't stumble out of it's parameters when I'm having a bad day.  And there's room. Room not just for me and my foibles, but for countless others and their foibles.

His WIDE love embraces people from all nations and ethnicities.  There is no deed  too bad to keep someone locked out from this love.

And the bigness and wideness of Jesus love provides a wild and fulfilling adventure for those who submit to it.  With something so Wide to follow, everyday is a new storyline full of Kingdom surprises. Who will He bring to me today to invite to share in the Wideness?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, you are so right! Thanks for leaving your comment at my place! WOw. I love your thoughts and I believe the Holy Spirit does that! We are all tapped into this wide expanse of His love! So this is your first time? That is great- I really enjoy my 5 Minute Fridays. I am following you in one second! That verse was also the one that came to my mind...God is so amazingly cool. ;) I love this: "His love is so big, I can't run to it's borders. I can't stumble out of it's parameters when I'm having a bad day. And there's room. Room not just for me and my foibles, but for countless others and their foibles." Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your encouragement! I love to write, but haven't done much because I'm the mother of twelve (9 special needs adoptions) with very little time for anything but parenting. I'm feeling the pull to start writing again and it's exhilarating. God has taken our family on a wild adventure in the last few months with the story of my 18-year-old son George. He was born without arms and plays musical instruments with his feet. His video went viral and he is being asked to appear on TV shows and the like all over the World. I just got back from his home country of Romania, where we were the guests of a TV show. George met his biological parents for the first time. I'm starting to write the story on my blog. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you blog sisters better! Sharon

      Delete
  2. glad you are writing, sister! love this post. and you.- april

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I should not be surprised, His all encompassing love, which you describe so well, amazes me daily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember all those years ago when we went to that writing conference together? Glad to see you're chipping away at using your writing gift. The most important thing in telling a good story is living a good story. And, boy, have you been living a story! Looking forward to seeing more here.

    ReplyDelete